Note: This post contains affiliate links
One of my husband’s favorite meals is meatloaf…good ol southern meatloaf with mashed potatoes and vegetables. A true comfort meal. This week we tried something a little different. Instead of making our meatloaf in a regular pan over potatoes, I created Nuwave meatloaf stuffed pepper rings. We bought our Nuwave oven earlier this year and use it nearly every day. It cooks our food on a grill so that fat drips off the meat instead of our food sitting in it and then us consuming the greasy goodness. So, how did I make these delicious meatloaf rings? See below.
Nuwave Meatloaf Stuffed Pepper Rings
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped peppers
3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 large peppers, sliced in 1/2 inch rings. Can be Red, Bell, or Yellow
Salt and pepper to taste
BBQ Sauce or Ketchup to baste meatloaf with during last 5 minutes of cooking
What to do:
1. Mix ground beef, chopped onion, chopped peppers, Italian seasoning, egg, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
2. Slice peppers in 1/2 inch rings and place on a plate
3. Distribute meatloaf mixture evenly into pepper rings
4. Place rings on Nuwave grill and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, brush the meatloaf rings with bbq sauce or ketchup during the last 5 minutes.
5. Serve with sides of your choice.
If you’re interested in a Nuwave, feel free to click the link below. It’s an awesome kitchen addition that allows us to bake, air fry, dehydrate, broil, steam, and roast without using our oven which cuts down on our electrical bill and it’s incredibly easy to clean. The amount of fat that drips off our meat is astounding, and to think, we used to eat that! Its been a huge help in our journey to cook healthier and we would absolutely recommend it.
Healthy Home Cooking Made Easy! See For Yourself Lose Weight By Cooking Without Oil!